Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hay baked cider chicken on the braai (bbq) recipe. To cook hay baked cider chicken on the braai (bbq) you need 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ):
- Use 1 of large chicken.
- Prepare 1 of whole garlic.
- Prepare 4 of bay leafs.
- You need 1 sheet of muslin cloth.
- Take 4 handfuls of hay.
- Use 1 bottle of cider.
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- Take of BBQ with a lid.
Instructions to make Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ):
- Light the Braai. Once the coals are hot move to the side for indirect heat and put on the lid. Get up to about 180c.
- Flatten the whole garlic cloves. Stuff the chicken with half of the bay leafs and garlic and place the others on top. Season.
- Wrap the chicken in muslin and tie with string.
- In a pan create a bed of hay. Place the chicken on top and moisten the hay by pouring in the cider. Tuck all the hay in so it doesn’t overhang and catch fire 🔥.
- Place on the bbq and cook with the lid on for approx 1:30-2hrs.
- Halfway through cooking flip the chicken and pour in more cider to keep moist.
- Undo the muslin after the chicken had cooked till the juices run clear.
- On a direct coal heat now grill the skin until browned. Approx 5mins.
- Rest, carve and enjoy 😊.
If you find this Hay baked cider chicken on the Braai (BBQ) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.