Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most probably purchase a lot of food items out of habit. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai panang chicken curry recipe. To make thai panang chicken curry you need 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Panang Chicken Curry:
- Get of Thai Panang Curry Paste -.
- Get 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Take 5-6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of " galangal / ginger, sliced.
- Prepare 8-10 of dry red chilies, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander roots, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of lime zest.
- You need 1 of lemongrass (bottom part), sliced.
- Use 4-5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of shrimp paste (opt).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of fried peanuts, powdered.
- You need 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of tomato ketchup.
- Use 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Use of Thai Panang Curry with Chicken.
- Prepare 500 gms of chicken with bones, curry cut.
- Provide 2-3 tbsp. of oil.
- Get 3/4 cup of panang paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Get 5-6 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Provide 2-3 of green chilies.
- Use to taste of salt.
Instructions to make Thai Panang Chicken Curry:
- Blend all the ingredients for the curry paste to a smooth paste by adding required quantity of water. Store in an air-tight container to be used later..
- Heat oil in a pan and add the panang paste. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken and mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Then add 1/2 cup water, salt, chilies and kaffir lime leaves..
- Mix everything well and simmer, covered till the oil starts to float on the surface and the chicken is almost tender..
- Add 1 cup coconut milk and simmer, uncovered on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes..
- Serve with plain steamed rice..
If you find this Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.