Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker southwestern chicken soup recipe. You can have slow cooker southwestern chicken soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Get 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat – more flavor. 🙂 ).
- Get 6 cups of water.
- Provide 1 of small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Use 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- Use 2 of medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don't disintegrate and still retain some texture).
- Get 1 of medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they're seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they're in season).
- Provide 1 of large stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Get 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional – I don't always care for beans in this soup – but add a 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans).
- Prepare 1/2 of a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels).
- Prepare 1/2 of a 15 oz. can of tomatoes.
- Provide 1/2-1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Get 1-2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 3-3.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Provide 1-1.5 Tablespoons of fresh squeezed lime juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fish sauce (optional, but recommended).
- Take of optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs..
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets..
- It's always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can't manage that because you're out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it..
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. 🙂 Enjoy!.
If you find this Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.