Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Treats.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that added boost you need to get going. Eating on the run may be much healthier with whole fiber chips and crackers. Deciding on whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian lentil curry recipe. To make vegetarian lentil curry you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Lentil Curry:
- Get 180 g of lentils, soaked overnight (slightly less than a cup).
- Take 1 of large onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of thumb-sized chunk fresh ginger, minced.
- Get 1 of large potato, cubed.
- Take 1 of medium carrot, cubed.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of curry powder (I used Madras curry powder. Add up to 1 Tbsp more for very spicy curry).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon stick (optional, gives it a nice accent).
- Provide 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need of Chives or cilantro to finish.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Lentil Curry:
- If time permits, soak lentils in plenty of water for a few hours. Cube the potato and carrot, and cut onion into thin slices. Mince the garlic and ginger..
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan or pot. Add the onions, minced garlic and ginger and sauté on medium low until soft and starting to turn golden (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon curry powder (add 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon more for extra so iciness) and stir in for 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste and mix in with onions and spices..
- Add the lentils, potatoes, carrots and cinnamon stick (if using) to the pan. Pour in enough water (I use the water from soaking lentils) or vegetable broth to completely cover the lentils & veggies..
- Bring everything to a boil then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-45 until soft..
- When lentils are soft, mix in 1/2 tsp salt, taste and add more if needed. I added 1 tsp in total. Fold in some chopped chives or cilantro and serve with steamed rice or Indian bread like naan..
If you find this Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.