Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Beef tamales recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef tamales recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef tamales recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Energy.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of wellness. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef tamales recipe. To cook beef tamales you only need 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef tamales:
- You need of ListE.
- Take of beef butt roast.
- You need of dried husks.
- You need of garlic.
- Get of fresh thyme.
- Get of small onion.
- Take of dried california peppers.
- Prepare of dried pasilla peppers.
- Take of dried ancho peppers.
- Provide of cumin(plus seasoning).
- Prepare of salt(plus seasoning).
- Prepare of black pepper for seasoning.
- Get of fresh jalapeno (optional).
- Provide of olive or any oil.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of string.
- Prepare of lard.
Steps to make Beef tamales:
- Season beef roast with cumin,salt,pepper and brown on all sides in a pan hot with oil…or in the pot you will boil it in..
- Place roast in pot with 8 cloves of garlic smashed,1 onion cut in 8ths,thyme,and jalapeno if you want spice.pour enough water to cover the roast cover and boil for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.drop heat to less than medium after a boil starts..
- Place husks in a pan with hot water and cover.
- Boil water remove heat and soak all 6 dried peppers( after seeding and removing stems)untill meat is ready..
- Since i dont like stringy meat in my tamales i cut the meat in small peices and 3 or 4 peices at a time place in a ninja blender and chop fine.you can skip this step if you dont mind it..
- When meat is done save broth and discard everything else,rip apart roast and place in a pan or see step 5..
- In a blender place now soft seedless peppers,1 1/2 cups of roast broth,2 cloves of garlic,2 tsp of salt,1tsp cumin and 1/2 to small onion…blend well and add to meat..
- Simmer on the lowest heat stirring often for ten or so minutes.cut heat and leave covered.sprinkle more cumin and salt to taste if you like..
- In a big bowl add 4 cups masa, 2 tsp salt, 1 tblsp of baking powder.start to mix in about 3 cups of the beef broth( you want it wet but not soupy..
- Now mix in 1 cup of lard…use an electric beater if available….cover so as not to dry out..
- Take a now soft husk,rough side down and spread a thin coat of masa from end to end sidways about a little past half way down.place in meat and roll…flipping end up to be tied….repeat.
- Place water in steamer,add tamales open end up, cover and steam for 1 1/2 hours..
If you find this Beef tamales recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.