Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkish Spinach Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkish Spinach Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you probably purchase many items out of habit. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkish spinach stew recipe. You can cook turkish spinach stew using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Turkish Spinach Stew:
- Prepare 2 lbs of spinach.
- You need 1 lb of minced beef (optional).
- Provide 1/2 can of canned cubed tomatoes.
- Get 10 of cherry tomatoes (some halved, some full).
- Take 1 of onion.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic.
- Provide of Salt, pepper, cumin.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Use 1/2 cup of rice, washed (optional).
Steps to make Turkish Spinach Stew:
- Wash the spinach really well! Spinach holds a lot of soil. Boil water in the kettle..
- Finely chop the onions and mince the garlic..
- Cover the bottom of a medium saucepot with olive oil (1 finger high). Cook the onions until they're translucent and the garlic over medium/high heat. You don't want these too be raw and overpower the spinach..
- Season the onions and garlic well with salt, pepper and a little bit of cumin (optional)..
- Add the minced meat into the pot and cook. You want the pot to be hot enough that the meat caramelizes. This adds a layer of flavor..
- Once the meat cooks, add the spinach into the pot and toss stuff around a while. Make sure everyone gets time to cook. In 2-3 minutes, add the tomatoes. Toss everyone again..
- Add the rice and a cup of boiling water. Adjust amount of water, but keep in mind that spinach releases a lot of water as it cooks!.
- Turn down the heat to med/low, cover the pot, and cook until everything comes together. Approx 20 minutes..
- Serve with some greek yogurt!! :).
If you find this Turkish Spinach Stew recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.