Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kichadi/ Kitchari – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kichadi/ Kitchari – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more crucial than wholly changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. In time, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kichadi/ kitchari – vegan recipe. You can cook kichadi/ kitchari – vegan using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Kichadi/ Kitchari – vegan:
- Take 1 cup of rice, soaked overnight then rinsed and drained – white basmati is the easiest to digest.
- Provide 1/3 cup of mung beans, soaked overnight then rinsed and drained.
- Use 1 cup of chopped vegetables eg carrots, green beans.
- Get 3 of curry leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of water.
- Take 2 tbsp of grated coconut.
- Use of Salt and coriander leaves and ghee to taste.
Steps to make Kichadi/ Kitchari – vegan:
- Put the rice, beans, vegetables, curry leaves and water in a big pot. Heat to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins..
- Add spices and coconut. Simmer for 5 mins..
- Serve with coriander and salt to taste. Stirring through a tsp of ghee through is nice too..
If you find this Kichadi/ Kitchari – vegan recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.