Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to instant pot shrimp curry recipe. You can have instant pot shrimp curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Shrimp curry:
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- Provide 12 oz of pkt Raw medium-large shrimp(Peeled and deveined).
- Prepare 1 of Small onion sliced.
- Provide 1 of Medium Tomato chopped.
- Use 1 of lemon sized tamarind soaked in 1/2 cup water (optional).
- Prepare 1 of stem Curry leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of Black Mustard seeds.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of Coconut cream.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Kashmiri Red Chilly powder(bright color and less heat).
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp. of Coriander powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek powder.
- Provide 2 cups of water.
Instructions to make Instant Pot Shrimp curry:
- Thaw and Clean the shrimp thoroughly and remove the tail..
- Keep the IP on sauté mode and once hot, add the oil followed by mustard seeds,curryleaves, fenugreek powder and ginger garlic paste. Stir well so that it doesnt burn or stick to the pot..
- Add onion slices and chopped tomatoes along with salt and turmeric.Sauté for 3-4 mins until the onions are translucent..
- Meanwhile prepare a thick paste of Red chilly powder,cumin powder and coriander powder with 2 tbsp water.(this will prevent burning of spices when directly added to the pot).
- Add the spice paste to the onion masala and stir well for a minute and add the tamarind piece along with few tbsp water so that nothing burns or sticks to the bottom of the inner pot..
- Once oil starts separating from the masala,add 2 cups water and close the IP with a glass lid.Let the curry continue simmering for 2 minutes on sauté mode..
- Now add the cleaned shrimp,stir well and close the Insant Pot. Set the pressure cook mode for 3 minutes..
- Once done,open the lid after 10 min natural steam release. Keep the IP on sauté mode again and stir the curry and add in the coconut cream..
- Let the gravy simmer for 3-4 mins and when it reaches the desired consistency, turn off the IP. Check the salt and transfer to serving dish/let it sit in the IP on 'keep warm' mode.
- Serve the curry with Rice or Roti..
- TIP#You can substitute Kashmiri redchilly powder with Paprika too. You can get them at any Indian grocery stores..
- TIP# You can use this curry recipe for scallops or prawns too..
If you find this Instant Pot Shrimp curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.