Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A piece of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be excellent for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You do not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil curry (daal) recipe. To make red lentil curry (daal) you need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- Get 1 of pot :.
- Provide 5 cup of 5-6 cup of water in a pot.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of Red lentils (washed).
- Get 4 small of 4-5 small curry leaves (food flavour and smell).
- Take 1 tsp of Garlic paste.
- Get 1 tsp of Ginger paste.
- Take of Spices.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chilli/ cayenne powder (for heat).
- Use 1 of Whole chicken bouillon cube.
- Provide 1 tsp of All spice powder (garam masala).
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Provide of Separate pan.
- Take 1 medium of Onion.
- Provide 3 of Curry leaves.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Use 3 tbsp of Olive or canola oil.
- Provide 1 of Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves to garnish.
Steps to make Red Lentil Curry (daal):
- In a pot, boil water and add in the washed red lentils when water starts boiling along with the curry leaves..
- Cover halfway and cook at medium until lentils are tender and they turn yellow Estimated time would be from within 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger (mix well).
- Add in the spices and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- On a separate pan: add in the olive oil/ or your choice of oil and wait till it warms up.
- Add in the cumin seeds and the curry leaves and fry for 25 seconds.
- Add in the sliced onions and fry until brown (not burnt).
- In the pot: add in the fried onions and mix well. Turn heat up high and stir occasionally (make sure nothing sticks) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes bring the heat back to low (3) and cook for another 5 minutes until the curry thickens.
- Serve with basmati/white/brown rice or roti (flat bread).
- Garnish it with cilantro when on the plate.
If you find this Red Lentil Curry (daal) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.