Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fish cutlets(indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe. You can cook fish cutlets(indian spiced fish croquettes) using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes):
- You need of For juicy Filling:-.
- Use 250 gm of (5- 6 pieces) fish(Tuna/ Salmon/Mahi-mahi, etc).
- Take 5 of Onions-medium sized.
- Prepare – 4 of Mashed potatoes medium sized.
- You need 100 g of All-purpose flour (Maida)-.
- Get 1 of lemon,.
- You need 4 of green chillies.
- Take 1 small bowl of Finely chopped ginger & garlic – (50g).
- Take of Spices.
- Take 2 Tbsp of Turmeric powder-.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Red chilli powder -.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Coriander powder-.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of Black pepper powder-.
- Get 2 Tbsp of All spices powder(garam masala) -.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder-.
- Get as per taste of Salt-.
- Take of For Crispy Outer cover.
- Prepare 6 breads of Breadcrumbs-.
- Use 2 of eggs.
- Provide as required of Frying- Vegetable oil or any regular oil (1/4 – 2 medium cups).
Instructions to make Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes):
- Take 5-6 pieces of fish and sprinkle a pinch of salt on each pieces..
- Now, add fish pieces and 100 ml water, in a pressure cooker or a deep bottom pan and let it cook for 20-25 minutes(for pressure cooker- 2 whistle)..
- After this, remove the fish pieces onto a plate and let it cool down🌬. You will see the colour of fish is now white(means our fish is cooked!) So don't overcook it!.
- After it cools down, remove skin & fishbones carefully….and shred off all the pieces. Then it will look this way👇🏻.
- Take a plate (big enough to mix all the filling ingredients!) Add finely chopped ginger-garlic, finely chopped onions, mashed potatoes, finely chopped green chillies, lemon juice,shredded fish & all-purpose flour and mix gently..
- Now it's time to add the 'gem' 💎-our spices with the above mix..
- Add salt as required, then mix it all again but gently! Orelse you won't get that correct consistency of the filling & now keep the filling aside for 15 minutes. Believe me, this enhances it's flavors!.
- Beat two eggs together in a bowl and keep it aside. Bring on the breadcrumbs..
- Add 2 medium cups oil in a deep bottom utensil for frying. If you want to do shallow frying then use 1/4 cup of oil in a nonstick pan, heat it🔥.
- Bring the filling mix, beaten eggs, & breadcrumbs over the cooking station and do the following step for making each cutlets👇🏻 Roll the filling mix into desired shape (I made round), then dip in egg batter & then onto breadcrumbs! Go with patience dear…as we are very near to our delicious cutlets!!.
- Rest these patties for 10 min and then fry or shallow fry the patties as desired, until these are golden brown & crispy on outside..
- Serve it hot with a tangy mint dip, ketchup, chilli mayo dip & don't forget to enjoy!.
- Tips:- You can bake the patties for a healthier version (at 400 deg.F for 15 minutes or till coating is browned). The oil must neither be too hot or not hot enough. If it is too hot, the cutlets will burn and if it is not hot enough, it has a tendency to absorb oil and turn soggy. Start with a hot pan of oil, then reduce the heat to medium and fry cutlets till evenly browned on both sides. Bring oil temperature up before dropping in the next batch of patties. Enjoy cooking.
If you find this Fish Cutlets(Indian spiced fish croquettes) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.