Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pineapple Shortcake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pineapple Shortcake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pineapple shortcake recipe. To make pineapple shortcake you only need 19 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Pineapple Shortcake:
- Provide of Fillings:.
- Provide 750 g of Pineapple,.
- Take 1 Inch of Cinnamon Stick,.
- Get 5 of Cloves,.
- Take 1 of Star Anise,.
- You need 40 g of Caster Sugar,.
- Provide 40 g of Dark Muscovado Sugar,.
- You need 50 g of Maltose Syrup,.
- Use 2 TBSP of Coconut Rum,.
- Use 2 TBSP of Desiccated Coconut,.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Provide of Dough:.
- Use 125 g of Cake Flour,.
- Get 20 g of Caster Sugar,.
- You need 25 g of Egg Lightly Beaten,.
- Get 25 g of Milk Powder,.
- Get of Egg Wash, 1 Egg Lightly Beaten + 1 TBSP Water.
- Use 1/2 TSP of Sea Salt,.
- You need 125 g of Unsalted Butter Softened,.
Steps to make Pineapple Shortcake:
- Prepare the pineapple jam. Peel the pineapple with a sharp chopping knife. Divide into 4. Separate the core from the pineapple. Finely chop the pineapple and core..
- Place them on a strainer to drain out excess juices and liquid. Set aside for about 15mins. You should have 750g worth of chopped pineapples. If you do not have the exact weight, calculate and adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly..
- Taste your pineapple before cooking. If the pineapple is sweet, use less sugar. If the pineapple is tang, use more sugar. In a skillet over medium heat, add the chopped pineapple..
- Transfer cinnamon, cloves and star anise into an empty tea bag. Seal tightly and add into the skillet. Saute until aromatic. Add in sugar and maltose..
- A quick tip. Maltose syrup is difficult to work with at room temperature. After measuring out, transfer to a heat proof bowl and let steam for about 5 mins or until the maltose is liquify.*.
- Stir well to combine. Stir, stir, stir. Continue stirring until the pineapple jam is dry and sticky. It should take about 15 to 20 mins. Add in desiccated coconut and coconut rum..
- Be careful when adding in the rum, as flame might be ignited in the hot skillet.* Continue sauteing until the pineapple jam is slightly caramelized. Lastly, add salt. Taste and adjust for sweetness and tang..
- If it is too sweet, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. If it is too tang, add more sugar and season lightly with salt. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool down completely..
- On a side note, you can add a cup of water to deglaze the skillet. Bring it up to a simmer. Transfer into a cup. Add in a tea bag. You have a fine pineapple tea.*.
- While the pineapple mixture is cooling down, prepare the dough. In a mixing bowl, sift together cake flour and milk powder. Add in salt and stir to combine well. In another large mixing bowl, using a fork, cream butter until light and fluffy..
- Add in sugar and cream until well combined. Add in egg. Lightly whisk until the mixture is light and creamy. Whisk, whisk, whisk..
- Add 1/3 portion of the flour mixture. Using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Keep folding until mixture is well combine. Repeat this process until all the mixture is combine and come together as a dough..
- Transfer onto a cling film. Wrap and let it firm up in the fridge for at least 40 mins to an hr. After the pineapple jam has cooled down. Measure 15g for each portion..
- Roll each portion into a ball and place them on a plate. Cover with cling film and let it firm up in the fridge at least an hour..
- Assemble the shortcake. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius or 340 fahrenheit. Divide the dough in half and place the other half in the fridge until ready to use. Measure 15g for each portion..
- Roll each portion into balls. Follow the above directions and photos in shaping the shortcakes or you can check out my Instagram highlights. *Note that the butter in the dough will melt very fast. If you find that the dough is difficult to work with, dust some flour, roll into a ball and shape again.*.
- After shaping each shortcake, place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat the process until all the shortcakes are shaped. Lightly brush the shortcakes with egg wash with a pastry brush..
- Wack into the oven and bake for 10 mins. Remove from oven and flip the shortcakes. *It is best to flip the shortcakes with 2 spatula. They are at its most vulnerable stage, so treat them with tender love and care,*.
- Brush with egg wash. Wack into the oven and bake for the final 8 to 10 mins or until it is golden yellow. Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving. The shortcakes taste better the next day..
If you find this Pineapple Shortcake recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.