Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Goodies.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Finding snacks that really help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Yogurt can be a snack many individuals take for granted. The fact is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. Low fat yogurt would make a fantastic snack, however. Along with calcium, it’s a good supplier of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is very easy for the body to digest and, depending on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Try putting in some healthy nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This minimizes your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian lancashire hot pot recipe. To make vegetarian lancashire hot pot you only need 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot:
- Get 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 250 grams of red or green lentils.
- Use 5 medium of russet or yellow potatoes, boiled and sliced.
- Take 12 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take 2 large of white onion.
- You need 2 medium of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need 6 stalks of celery.
- Use 1 medium of leek.
- Get 4 large of red or serrano chili peppers, with seeds.
- Get 1 large tin of diced tomatoes (3 cups).
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 small tin of tomato paste.
- Use 250 ml of vegetable stock (1-1.5 cups).
- Provide 1 tsp of vegemite.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Take 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 2 large of turnips, boiled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of red or white wine.
- Take 1 tbsp of tumeric.
- Provide 1 tbsp of garam masala.
Steps to make Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot:
- Rinse lentils and dump into boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place potatoes and turnips (peeling optional) in cold water and slowly bring to boil, boiling gently for 30 minutes. Let cool before chopping the turnips and slicing the potatoes..
- Melt butter in an oven safe dish on the stove (or prepare casserole dish for oven transfer later) over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, leeks and chili peppers until slightly sweated.
- Once slightly sweated, add all spices EXCEPT the paprika and work into the dish, allowing for the spices to infuse the veggies..
- Once the ingredients start sticking slightly to the bottom of the pan, splash in the cup of wine to deglaze and allow to cook until the alcohol burns off..
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegemite, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce to the pot. Cover until boiling, then lower heat to low and preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Cook low and slow on the stove for 30 minutes before adding the turnips and lentils. Stir around and add the vegetable stock.
- Either dump the contents into an ovensafe dish or in the same pot, neatly arrange the sliced potatoes over the top, slightly overlapping each potato in a concentric circle..
- If necessary, add a bit more vegetable stock until it is just below the level of the potatoes. Now sprinkle the potatoes with the paprika and pop into the preheated oven for 60 minutes..
If you find this Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.