Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Palak paneer recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Palak paneer recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
We are all aware that consuming healthy meals can help us truly feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between snacks. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are not sensitive to nuts, try having some almonds! Almonds are sometimes considered a super food since they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. Almonds can be a natural supply of B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan that may often make you sleepy. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont make you really miss a nap. These nuts unwind the muscles and supply a general sense of relaxation. Your emotional level can sometimes be lifted by simply eating almonds.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily available. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to palak paneer recipe. You can cook palak paneer using 12 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Palak paneer:
- Prepare 250 grams of spinach leaves.
- Take 3 cups of Boil water.
- You need 8-10 of ice cubes.
- Get 1 inch of chopped ginger.
- Provide 1-2 of chili peppers.
- Take 2 tablespoons of oil (or ghee or butter).
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Take as required of small to medium-sized tej patta (Indian bay leaf).
- Take 1/3 cup of finely chopped onions.
- Get 1/3 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon red chili powder.
- Get 200 to 250 grams of paneer cubes.
Instructions to make Palak paneer:
- Using a colander or strainer, rinse the palak or spinach leaves (250 grams or 0.55 pounds), very well in running water..
- Boil 3 cups water in a pan, microwave or electric heater. Add ¼ tsp salt to the hot water and stir. Then add the spinach leaves to the hot water. Let the spinach leaves sit in the water for about 1 minute. If doing this on a stove-top, be sure to remove the pan from the hot burner.
- After 1 minute, strain the spinach leaves..
- Immediately add the palak or spinach leaves in a pan or bowl containing ice cold water. This method helps in preserving the green color of the spinach. Just add 8 to 10 ice cubes to 3 cups water to get cold water. Allow the spinach leaves to be in the cold water for a minute..
- Then drain the ice cold water. Add the spinach in a blender or grinder jar with 1 inch chopped ginger, (1 or 2 small to medium) garlic cloves and 1 or 2 chili peppers (green chillies). You can also use a hand-held immersion blender to make the puree..
- Make a smooth spinach puree. No need to add water while making the puree. Set the spinach puree aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil (or ghee or butter) in a pan or kadai (wok). Here I have used butter. If using butter, melt it on a low flame making sure that it does not brown..
- Add ½ teaspoon cumin seeds and let them splutter..
- Then add one small to medium-sized tej patta (Indian bay leaf)..
- Add ⅓ cup finely chopped onions (1 small to medium sized onion)Sauté until the onions become golden..
- Then add 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic. Sauté till the raw aroma of garlic goes away. No need to brown the garlic..
- Add ⅓ cup chopped tomatoes (1 small or medium sized tomato)..
- Stir and sauté the tomatoes until they soften..
- Once the tomatoes are softened and you see fat releasing from the sides of the mixture, then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon red chili powder (or cayenne pepper or paprika) and a pinch of asafoetida (hing). You can find asafoetida at your local spice store or on amazon, but if you don’t have it, you can skip it..
- Mix very well.Then add the palak (spinach) puree. Add about ½ cup of water or as required. Mix and stir again..
- Simmer the gravy for 6 to 7 minutes or more until the palak (spinach) is cooked. Season with salt. The gravy or sauce will have also thickened by now..
- Stir and add ¼ to ½ teaspoon garam masala powder.
- Stir again and then add the paneer cubes (200 to 250 grams cottage cheese). I have added the paneer cubes directly to the gravy. But you can also lightly pan-fry the paneer cubes in some oil until they are lightly browned and then add them to the palak gravy. In this case, you don’t need to cook the paneer further..
- Mix very well and switch off the heat..
- Lastly add 2 tablespoons low-fat cream. I used Amul brand cream. If using heavy whipping cream, then add 1 tablespoon of it. You can also add 1 teaspoon crushed kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) at this step, however this is optional..
- Stir gently again so that the cream gets incorporated in the gravy uniformly..
- Serve palak paneer hot with some roti, naan or paratha or cumin rice or ghee rice..
If you find this Palak paneer recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.