Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Nepalese-style Vegetable Curry – vegan recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Nepalese-style Vegetable Curry – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nepalese-style Vegetable Curry – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a number of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to nepalese-style vegetable curry – vegan recipe. To make nepalese-style vegetable curry – vegan you need 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Nepalese-style Vegetable Curry – vegan:
- You need 1 tbsp of oil – i used mustard today.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1 of dried chilli.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped onion.
- Use 1 of garlic clove, peeled and sliced finely.
- Use 2 cm of chunk ginger, peeled and sliced finely.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Provide 2 cups of vegetables of choice – chopped into small pieces.
- Use 1 tsp of ginger-garlic paste – see below.
- Get of Black or pink himalayan ground salt.
- Take of Chilli powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 1-2 of tomatoes, chopped.
- Provide 1 cup of water – maybe some more.
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of spring onions (mostly the green parts), chopped finely.
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of fresh coriander, chopped finely.
- Take of For the ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare of Equal amounts ginger and garlic – peeled and blended/ processed together. Add water gradually to make it a paste.
- Get of If you want to keep it for a few days (in the fridge), using oil instead of water will preserve it better.
Steps to make Nepalese-style Vegetable Curry – vegan:
- This is pretty quick to make and you need to keep stirring so it’s best to have everything chopped and ready to go..
- Heat a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium-low heat. Add the oil..
- Add the cumin seeds. From this point, keep stirring…The cumin will turn golden brown. Add the chilli pepper..
- Add the sliced ginger and garlic. Cook for a few mins. Add the onion. Cook for a few mins more..
- Add the turmeric. Stir. Add whichever vegetable(s) take the longest to cook. For us today it was the daikon. Sauté for about 5 mins..
- Add the ginger garlic paste. And then the rest of the vegetables. Sauté for 2-3 mins..
- Add a pinch of salt and of chilli powder. Add the ground cumin, ground coriander and garam masala..
- Add the tomato. And then the water. Cover and cook til the vegetables are just tender..
- Add salt and chilli powder to taste. Take off the heat. Add the fresh coriander and spring onions and stir through..
- Serve with rice. Enjoy 😋.
If you find this Nepalese-style Vegetable Curry – vegan recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.