Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It might be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry) recipe. To make shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry) you only need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry):
- Use 1/2 lb of shrimp peeled fresh raw small or medium size (about 15-20 medium size).
- Use 1 cup of plantain drumsticks raw (green) thinly sliced or.
- You need 1 inch of cut into pieces (Optional).
- Use 3 – 5 of green chillies fresh slit (use 3 if you want mild, 5 if you want hot).
- Get 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (use 1/4 tsp if you want it really mild).
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tsps of salt.
- Use 2 – 3 of small pieces of kodampuli (soaked in 1 tbsp hot water for about 10 minutes).
- Provide 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 1 cup of coconut freshly grated (or fresh frozen grated).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red onions chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of water warm.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide one sprig of curry leaves fresh.
- Get 1 tbsp of red onions finely minced.
- Provide 2 of chillies medium-sized dried red (torn in half).
Steps to make Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry):
- De-vein the shrimp and wash it nicely in cold water and place it in a nice medium size deep pot or vessel..
- To this pot, add the cut plantains or the drumstick pieces(if adding), green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric, kodampuli (with the soaked water), salt and about 1/2 cup water..
- Keep this pot on the stove and once the water starts to boil, lower the heat to medium and cover the pan. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes. Put the stove off and set aside..
- Now take the grated coconut – If you are using frozen grated coconut, thaw it first, either keeping it at room temperature for about an hour or by warming in a microwave oven for 30 seconds. Grind the coconut finely in a food processor or a blender with the 1 cup warm water along with the onions. The finer the texture of the ground coconut, the more delicious this curry will taste..
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked shrimp in the pot. Place on stove again and turn heat to low and allow the mixture inthe pot to simmer for about 2 minutes on medium flame. Do not let the coconut mixture boil. Then turn off the heat and keep aside..
- Lastly, take a small pan for doing the final tadka (oil garnish) and heat the coconut oil in it till you get the aroma. Then add the mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add the red onions and as they begin t turn golden brown, add the curry leaves and the dried red chillies. Wait for 30 seconds and turn off the heat. Add this oil mixture on top of the shrimp and coconut curry..
- Serve with steamed parboiled rice and / brown rice..
If you find this Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.