Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can see results without removing foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. Even more important than entirely altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to one pot mexican beef and brown rice recipe. To make one pot mexican beef and brown rice you need 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Get 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Use 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Take 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Use 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- Take to taste of salt and pepper.
- Get 1 of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- Get 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- Use 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Take of Optional Toppings :.
- Prepare of ·Sour Cream.
- Get of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- Take of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- Provide of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- Use of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- Use of ·Diced Avacado.
- Use of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- Get of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
Instructions to make One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice:
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low..
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers..
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash –>.
If you find this One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.