Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Lentils, Ancient Roman Style recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentils, Ancient Roman Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentils, Ancient Roman Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate in the past.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentils, ancient roman style recipe. To make lentils, ancient roman style you only need 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lentils, Ancient Roman Style:
- Prepare 2 pc of Shallots onions or small.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Get 300 grams of Chestnuts , peeled.
- You need 1 pinch of Baking soda.
- Prepare 5 dl of Vegetable broth.
- Use 250 grams of lentils Green.
- Provide 1 dl of Marsala.
- Take 2 pc of Laurel leaves.
- Use 2 tbsps of mint Fresh , chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis).
- Use 1/4 tsp of pepper Ground.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds Ground.
- Provide 2 tsps of Campari.
- Prepare 2 tsps of Balsamic vinegar.
- Get 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
Steps to make Lentils, Ancient Roman Style:
- Chop the shallots and braise them in 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Don’t let them turn brown. Add the chestnuts and braise them for a short moment too. Add the vegetable broth and the baking soda, cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the chestnuts are tender. Lift the chestnuts out of the pan, leaving the liquid in. Puree the chestnuts in a mortar or by passing them through a coarse sieve..
- Pick and wash the lentils, add them to the liquid together with the Marsala and the laurel leaves. Cover and let simmer for about 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender..
- Mix the ingredients for the spice mix. Add the chestnut puree to the lentils, temper with the spice mix. Let everything heat up and serve..
If you find this Lentils, Ancient Roman Style recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.