Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy fish pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy fish pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy fish pie recipe. To cook easy fish pie you need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy fish pie:
- Use 340 g of fish pie mix (we used Tesco which has cod, salmon and smoked haddock chunks).
- Take 1 of large carrot.
- Provide 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of large leek.
- Provide 5-6 of large white potatoes (could do more if you like more mash on top or half and half white and sweet potatoes).
- Take 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Get 125 g of cheese (grated) – stronger cheddar is nice but I kept it milder for the kiddies.
- Take 4 tbsp of plain flour (we used cornflour as trying to keep gluten free – you'll probaby need a little less of this).
- Use 50 g of butter.
- Prepare 500 ml of milk – semi or whole milk is best or try coconut or oat milk.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard (optional).
- You need of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Easy fish pie:
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks. Place in a pan of boiling, slightly salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for approx. 10 minute until they are cooked through. Drain thoroughly and add the butter and a dash of milk. Mash well and put aside..
- Peel the carrot and grate into an medium overproof dish. Grate or thinkly slice the leeks and add to the dish..
- Add the frozen peas and the fish and mix well..
- Make the cheese sauce by melting 50g butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the cornflour and stir thoroughly until it starts to form a paste (roux). Add a little of the milk and stir to incorporate the roux and the liquid. You will need to keep doing this until all the milk is added, making sure there are no lumps in the sauce. A whisk may help you do this..
- Bring the sauce almost to a boil- it should thicken as it does so. Stir it at all times otherwise it will catch the bottom of the pan..
- Take the pan off the heat once it is thickened and add the grated cheese. Stir until it is fully melted and mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste (a tsp of mustard is also nice to add here if you like.).
- Mix the cheese sauce with the veg and fish in the dish.
- Top with the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180˚c for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with some lovely fresh green veg – broccoli and runner beans are the faves in our house!!.
If you find this Easy fish pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.