Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Lovely Lasagne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lovely Lasagne recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes at once. Even more crucial than completely changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lovely lasagne recipe. You can cook lovely lasagne using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lovely Lasagne:
- Provide of For the bolognese sauce.
- Provide 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Take 2 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Take 750 grams of beef mince.
- Take 1 of beef stock cube.
- Take 2 large of fresh tomatoes.
- Use 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Use 5 medium of fresh mushrooms.
- Use 4 tbsp of tomato pureé.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin.
- You need 1 pinch of paprika spice.
- Prepare 1 of mixed italian spice or herbes de provence.
- Use 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need of For the béchamel sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 300 ml of semi skimmed milk.
- Provide 1 of salt and pepper.
- Provide 100 grams of grated cheese ( any cheese you fancy, I use cheddar).
- Get of For the layers.
- Take 8 of lasagne sheets.
- You need of For the topping.
- Take 150 grams of grated cheese.
- Get 1 large of sliced tomato.
- Prepare 1 of spices.
Steps to make Lovely Lasagne:
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or pot on medium heat. Meanwhile, chop the carrot, tomatoes and mushrooms into chunks. Chop the onion finely. Crush and chop the garlic finely. Set these aside..
- Add the onions, carrot and garlic to the oil. Fry for a few minutes until the onions start to turn clear..
- Crumble the beef mince into the pan or pot and stir well. Cook through until all the meat is browned. If you wish, drain of the fat. I like to leave it in :).
- Crumble the beef stock cube into the mixture. Add the can of tomatoes, using the can to add some water to the mixture. Add the fresh tomatoes and mushrooms. Stir well to distribute the vegetables then add in the tomato purée. (Again, you can add as much as you like.).
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, herbs and spices to your taste. Cover the pan or pot and let it simmer for a good hour. It can bubble away while you make the rest of the lasagne. Preheat your oven to 180ºC..
- Make the béchamel sauce. Melt the butter in a pot and add the flour. Stir until both ingredients are mixed together, the mixture should look a bit like dough 🙂 Then gradually add the milk, a little at a time and let it boil each time. Stir frequently until there are no more lumps in the liquid. Add the cheese and stir until you have a lovely thick sauce. If its too thick to your liking, add more milk and stir well. Season to taste. Set the béchamel sauce aside..
- Before you start layering the lasagne, you can boil the lasagne sheets in water if you like. I normally do this, it reduces baking time and makes the sheets nice and soft. Be careful when boiling though, they tend to stick together! Another option is to use dry sheets. Just add 10 minutes onto baking time 😉 Depending on the size and depth of your baking dish you may need more or less sheets. Mine fits eight plus the sauces..
- Now it's layering time 🙂 Put the first layer of bolognese sauce in a baking dish and spread out. Then pour a little béchamel sauce on top. Cover this layer with lasagne sheets. Repeat this process until you reach the top..
- Top the lasagne with grated cheese and tomato slices. Sprinkle some herbs on top. Place the lasagne in the oven and bake for 30 – 40 minutes until golden and bubbling..
- When the lasagne is ready, place the baking dish on a wooden board or other protective surface on your table. Dig in and enjoy :).
If you find this Lovely Lasagne recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.