Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything immediately or that you need to altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to aubergine and chickpea curry recipe. You can cook aubergine and chickpea curry using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Aubergine and Chickpea Curry:
- You need 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Use 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 1 large of Diced Onion.
- Take 4 clove of Garlic (to taste) or garlic paste.
- You need 5 medium of Fresh Tomatoes or tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Get 2 large of Fresh green Chillies (slit down the sides, but not all the way to the bottom).
- Provide 1 large of Cubed Aubergine.
- Provide 1 can of White Chickpeas.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ground Turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Lemon.
- Use 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 1 tsp of ground ginger (or fresh).
- Provide 1 of sprinkle of fresh coriander or 1 tsp of ground.
- Get 2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Get 1/2 cup of plain natural yoghurt (if required).
- You need 2 tsp of Salt (or to taste).
Instructions to make Aubergine and Chickpea Curry:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, fry until they pop. Then Add the diced Onion and salt and sauté until they are translucent and soft..
- Add the garlic, and tomatoes and soften. If you are using fresh tomatoes add a little water, 1/4 cup, if you are using tinned there should be enough liquid. Then add the Chillies..
- Add the Turmeric, Cumin, paprika, Coriander (if using fresh coriander save some to sprinkle over at the end) add the Lemon Juice.
- Add the Cubed Aubergine and Chickpeas and coat it in the sauce, then add just enough water to cover, about 1/4 to half a cup if it's looking a bit dry..
- Leave to cook on a high heat stirring occasionally, the size of the diced aubergine will depend on the cooking time, just keep checking on the firmness depending on how soft you like the aubergine..
- When the water is almost boiled away you should be left with some nice tender Aubergines and soft chickpeas, you can then crush some of the chickpeas into the Masala sauce to thicken it..
- Take off the heat once your Masala sauce has thickened and sprinkle over the Garam Masala and some coriander and leave for a few minutes to rest. When you come back, stir and it's ready to serve!.
If you find this Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.