Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than completely altering your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed peppers with beef and rice recipe. To make stuffed peppers with beef and rice you only need 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice:
- You need 6 of medium/large bell peppers (whatever color you prefer).
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of cooked white long grain rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Provide 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Provide 1/2 cup of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 of 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 of 8 oz can of tomato sauce.
- Take 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1 tsp of salt, divided.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper, divided.
- You need 2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional).
- Use 2 cup of favorite spaghetti sauce (optional).
Instructions to make Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut tops off of peppers and clean out seeds and membranes. Place in a large deep pot and cover with hot water. Add half of salt to water. Place on stove, bring up to a boil and then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and place aside..
- Make rice according to directions on package.
- Place butter and olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add celery and onion. Saute until translucent (5 min). Add canned tomatoes and tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and half of pepper..
- Simmer tomato mixture for 10 minutes..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, cooked rice,egg, Worcestershire, rest of the salt and pepper, and minced garlic. Mix well..
- Add 1 cup of tomato mixture to meat mix. Stir to combine..
- Place peppers in a big enough deep pan. (I used a 9x13x2 inches) Spoon mixture into peppers, top with remaining tomato mixture..
- Place in oven for 45-55 minutes, if you would like add mozzarella cheese to the tops 20 min before finished..
- I added extra of my favorite spaghetti sauce to the bottom, cause I like lots of sauce!.
If you find this Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.