Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most probably buy a lot of items out of habit. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken breast in creamy mushroom sauce recipe. You can have chicken breast in creamy mushroom sauce using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
- Take of olive oil – divided.
- Take of boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2.5lbs – butterflied and split to make 6 thin halves.
- Use of yellow onion – finely diced.
- Get of white button mushrooms – cleaned and sliced (shortcut, buy pre-sliced).
- Use of garlic – minced.
- You need of dried thyme.
- Provide of unsalted or low sodium beef broth or stock.
- Provide of balsamic vinegar.
- Get of heavy cream.
- You need of fresh grated parmigiano reggiano (just parmesan is fine, but use fresh grated for best texture).
- Take of sea salt and black pepper.
- Take of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
Steps to make Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
- First thing, prep your onions, mushrooms and garlic. Set aside. To split chicken breasts: lay breast flat on clean cutting board, find the halfway point between top and bottom. Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut horizontally through the breast as if you would a butterfly cut. Instead of stopping when you reach the other side, finish cutting all the way through to completely split top and bottom. Repeat with remaining breasts so you have 6 thin breast pieces..
- Season both sides of breast pieces with desired amounts of salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders. Heat a large, deep sided saute pan over medium heat. When hot (a drop of water "sizzles") add 2 tbs olive oil and swirl to coat..
- Add chicken breasts to hot pan, arranged so they will all fit flat but not overlapping. Cook On the first side, untouched, for 5 minutes to get a nice, browned sear. When first side is done breasts will "release" from the pan easily..
- Flip each breast to sear second side and finish cooking, about 5 minutes more, again untouched for best sear. Remove to plate, tent with foil to keep warm and set aside..
- Add onion to hot pan and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms, sprinkle minced garlic, thyme and a pinch of s&p on top, then drizzle with remaining 1tbs olive oil. Stir to combine everything..
- Cook until mushrooms begin to exude their juices and shrink down, stirring frequently and scraping up brown bits that have been stuck to pan. About 5 – 7 minutes more..
- Add beef broth. Increase heat to medium high to bring to a boil until broth has reduced slightly (not quite by half) about 5 – 7 minutes again. No need to stir more than a couple times here..
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add balsamic vinegar and heavy cream. Stir to incorporate fully. Simmer some more until sauce begins to thicken. Again, this took about 5 minutes for me..
- Stir in freshly grated cheese until melted into sauce, this will also help thicken some more. Return chicken breasts to pan, turn to coat in sauce. Turn heat to low, cover and let sit 5 minutes to warm chicken through..
- Serve with sauce drizzled on top and a crisp side salad for a lower carb option, or any other desired sides. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken Breast in Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.