Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Goan style prawn curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan style prawn curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to goan style prawn curry recipe. You can cook goan style prawn curry using 16 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Goan style prawn curry:
- You need 500 gm of prawns Medium size fresh.
- Get 2 tsps of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 of coconut Fresh.
- Get 8 of chillies Dry red.
- Get 3 of chillies Kashmiri.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Pepper corns.
- Take 1 tsp of Corriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Caraway seeds.
- Take 6 of Kokum pieces.
- Take 1 of Onion small.
- Use 4 of Green chilli.
- Provide 1 sprig of Curry leaf.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 3 cloves of Garlic.
- Get 3 tbsps of Oil.
Instructions to make Goan style prawn curry:
- While buying the prawns, the fish seller will remove the head and shell. You need to 'de-vein' the prawns before use i.e. remove the intestines..
- Wash the prawns and make a shallow cut on the concave side using a plain edge knife (not serrated). Lift out the intestine gently. Make sure you get all of it from top to bottom. Hold the prawn under the tap to wash off any left over bits. You can see it in the photo below (the thin black line)..
- Once all the prawns are cleaned, wash them off once and mix with 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp turmeric and let it rest for 15 min..
- Grate 1 full coconut.
- Dry roast the red chillies, coriander seeds, pepper corns and caraway seeds.
- Now you need to extract the coconut milk. Heat 1 cup water till it boils. Switch off the heat and add the coconut to it. Let it cool. You can place the vessel containing the coconut into another larger vessel filled with cold water to speed up the cooling..
- After the coconut cools, transfer it into a grinder. Add the roasted spices (break up the chillies).
- Grind the coconut and spices into a paste. Strain the paste through a cloth to extract the thick spicy coconut milk.
- Heat another cup of water and repeat the process twice to extract the thin coconut milk.
- Discard the left over coconut and spice residue.
- Chop 1 small onion finely. Chop 4 green chillies. Chop 3 cloves garlic finely..
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a Kadhai. Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and wait until they pop. Add 1 sprig curry leaves. Add the garlic, green chillies and onion. Fry on low flame for 5 min..
- In the meantime wash the prawns a couple of times and discard the water..
- Add the prawns to the Kadhai and fry for 2 min..
- Add a little water to the prawns to bring the temperature down to boiling point. The coconut milk may split if you add it to a very hot vessel so you need to lower the temperature..
- Add the thin coconut water and salt. Keep the flame on medium and stir until the mix just starts to boil. Immediately lower the flame and cook for 7 min. The coconut milk will split if it is boiled too vigorously..
- Add the thick coconut milk and kokum. If you don't have kokum, you can use tamarind pulp. Stir and heat it until just before it boils. Switch off the flame..
- Serve with rice..
If you find this Goan style prawn curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.