Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snack foods.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and less of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A piece of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Have a shot at eating almonds if you don’t have problems with nut allergies. Almonds provide a multitude of health and fitness benefits and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. These types of nuts have quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey that triggers drowsiness, is found in almonds. Regarding almonds, however, they wont allow you to yearn for a nap. These nuts loosen up the muscles and provide a general sense of relaxation. Occasionally eating almonds can even be a mood booster!
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to best chicken and chickpea curry recipe. To cook best chicken and chickpea curry you need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Prepare 3 of large chicken breasts, cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of thick yoghurt – we use Fage 5% greek.
- Get 2 of heaped tsp cumin.
- Provide 1 of heaped tsp garam masala.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Use Half of tsp mild chilli powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- Get 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves,finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of piece of root ginger (or use a heaped tsp frozen ginger), finely chopped or grated.
- Provide 2 of extra tsp cumin and turmeric.
- Provide 8-10 of new potatoes, skins on, pre-cooked – we were using some leftovers!.
- Take 400 g of tin coconut milk (you could use light but we prefer regular full-fat!).
- Get 210 g of tin chickpeas.
- Use 150 g of fresh spinach.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Add the spices (cumin, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder) to a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Add 2 tbsp of greek yoghurt and stir well. Add the chicken to the bowl and coat with the spice mixture. Cover and put in the fridge and marinade for as long as you can – we often forget to do it overnight but this produces the best results. If not, marinade as soon as you remember, even for an hour before cooking..
- To start cooking, heat the 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add 1 tsp of extra cumin and turmeric and stir for a minte or so..
- In a bowl, add the remaining cumin and garam masala to 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Tip in the cooked potatoes and stir well until coated..
- In a smaller non-stick pan, fry the potatoes until they are crispy and golden – this should take about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Whilst your potatoes are frying, add the marinating chicken chunks with their sauce to the cooked onion mixture in your large pan. Turn up the heat so that the mixture starts to bubble, then reduce the heat to low/medium. Add half a tin of coconut milk and cook for approx 15 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken and the chicken is cooked. If the sauce starts to thicken too much, add more coconut milk, a little at a time..
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and a small tin of drained chickpeas. Stir well, adding the fresh spinach and stir again. Cover and cook for 5 minutes..
- Now add the crispy potatoes and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve with basmati brown rice or poppodums and naan if you prefer. You can also serve the potatoes separately as I did for my children as they love the crispiness!!.
If you find this Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.