Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Squash Mac n Cheese recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Squash Mac n Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash Mac n Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash mac n cheese recipe. To make squash mac n cheese you only need 11 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Squash Mac n Cheese:
- Get of Macaroni noodles (or any type you want).
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Provide 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- Provide of mushrooms (optional).
- Use to taste of salt and pepper.
- Use 3 of whole squash.
- Get of mediums onion.
- Use 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Use of Ritz crackers.
- Take 1 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare of parsley.
Instructions to make Squash Mac n Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit..
- Boil water and add macaroni noodles.
- Salt the water.
- Cook until noodles are tender..
- Once noodles are done remove them from heat and drain..
- While noodles are cooking cut up your vegatables..
- Dice up your onions and mushrooms and slice your squash into 1/4 in thick slices..
- Heat up water and put the squash in. Cook until tender. You'll know it's ready when the center turns green..
- Remove squash from heat and drain.
- While squash is cooking saute onions and mushrooms in butter until onions are translucent..
- In a pot heat the milk to very warm add salt and pepper..
- Once milk starts to bubble remove it from heat..
- Add cheese and stir until it melts ..
- You can add as much cheese as you want. Im sure I add way more than 1 1/2 cups 😉..
- And flour to sauted onions and mushrooms.
- And milk and cheese mixture to onions and mushrooms. Stir until the mixture thickens..
- Add squash to cheese mixture..
- Add macaroni noodles to casserole dish. Pour cheese mixture over noodles. Stir until well mixed..
- Crush up ritz crackers and pour a tablespoon of melted butter over crackers..
- Add some shredded cheese and parsley to crackers and sprinkle it over the mararoni..
- Bake macaroni for 20 minutes..
If you find this Squash Mac n Cheese recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.