Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes at once. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai yellow curry with mango & prawns recipe. You can cook thai yellow curry with mango & prawns using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns:
- You need 1 teaspoon of chili paste.
- You need 3 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- Use 2 teaspoons of tamarind sauce.
- Use 2 of lemongrass stalks.
- You need 1 of lime.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 2 of garlic cloves.
- Take 1 of shallot.
- Prepare 1/2 of thumb fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of fresh red chili.
- Provide 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4/5 of cherry tomatoes OR 1 red bell pepper.
- Provide 8/10 of Prawns (I used frozen).
- You need Handful of frozen peas.
- Get 1 of small mango.
- Use Handful of salted cashews.
- Provide of Spices.
- Provide Bunch of fresh coriander.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Curry.
Steps to make Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns:
- Defrost the prawns. Grate the garlic and ginger, chop the shallot, the fresh chili and the mango, halves the cherry tomatoes (or chop the red bell pepper)..
- In a medium pot, over a medium fire, heat the fish sauce and the chili paste (adjust the quantity to your liking and the level of spice of your available paste!) for a minute, then add the garlic, the ginger, the shallot and the cashews until lucid & brown, then add the tomatoes (or peppers) and the frozen peas until soft..
- Add the lemongrass, the bay leaf, the mango, half of the coriander, and half of the lime and cook for a minute..
- Add the coconut milk (and a splash of water if needed), then add the spices – Cumin (I personally do not digest it well, but feel free to adjust the quantities to your liking!), Turmeric, and Curry, and stir well to combine..
- Turn the heat down to low, cover with a lid and let it bubble away, being careful it does not dry up too much..
- When nearly ready, add the prawns for a few minutes (I do not like them overcooked!), then remove from the heat, remove the lemongrass stalks, add the tamarind sauce, stir well, and you are ready to serve..
- I like to serve it in little clay serving pots with rice, Thai prawns crackers and sweet chili sauce; garnish with the remaining lime, coriander, and fresh chili..
If you find this Thai Yellow Curry with Mango & Prawns recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.