Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Sweet and spicy prawn and coconut curry with rice noodles recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet and spicy prawn and coconut curry with rice noodles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet and spicy prawn and coconut curry with rice noodles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet and spicy prawn and coconut curry with rice noodles recipe. To cook sweet and spicy prawn and coconut curry with rice noodles you only need 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet and spicy prawn and coconut curry with rice noodles:
- Provide 1 bag of frozen prawns.
- Use 1 packet of rice noodles.
- Take 200 ml. of coconut milk.
- Take 1 of onion.
- Use 1 bunch of spring garlics (or 2 cloves garlic).
- Provide 1 of red chilli pepper (or green).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot oil (see photo in step 3) or 1/2 tsp. chilli flakes.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of ground tumeric.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of ground coriander.
- Use 1 of anise star.
- Take 4 of cardamon seeds.
- Get 1 tbsp. of creme fraiche (or natural yoghurt).
- Provide 1 slosh of white wine.
Steps to make Sweet and spicy prawn and coconut curry with rice noodles:
- Get your ingredients together (or at least your basics – I improvised and added a few as I went along).
- Put the spices in a pan with the oil, heat gently to release the flavours.
- I used an oil with a California Reaper chile pepper cultivated by a friend. Adding herbs or dead hot chilli peppers to make flavoured olive oil really adds to the experience of cooking :-).
- After a couple of minutes, add the chopped onion, spring garlics and red chile pepper (seed it first).
- Stir well, add a slosh of white wine, cover and cook over a slow heat for about 7 minutes..
- Open the coconut milk tin. Usually however much you shake the tin before opening, there is a crust on top. Break it.
- And stir well to mix the milk properly..
- Add 200 ml to the pan and heat..
- Cover and leave 10 minutes over a very low heat..
- It's a good time to do your poppadoms if you are going to make some. Also to start heating a pan full of water..
- Turn the heat off and extract the anise star and cardamoms..
- Blitz to make a sauce, return to the pan and add a gollup of creme fraiche (optional). Stir well..
- Put the rice noodles in the pan when the water is boiling. Turn the heat off and leave for four minutes..
- When the sauce starts bubbling, add the prawns and cook for a few minutes – careful not to leave for too long so they don't get tough. 3 minutes max. should be enough.
- Put the poppadoms on a plate with some chutney. Rinse the rice noodles..
- Put the noodles in a bowl and the prawn curry on top. Serve like this if your child hates fresh coriander. If not, sprinkle with fresh coriander. And in both cases… Enjoy!!!.
If you find this Sweet and spicy prawn and coconut curry with rice noodles recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.