Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. To make spicy indian one pot curry you need 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Use of basic sauce.
- Take of oil.
- Use 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Provide 3 large of onions, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Get 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- You need 4 each of green chillies.
- Use 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- You need of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- Get 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- Prepare 50 grams of black gram.
- You need 50 grams of lima beans.
- Get 8 each of garlic cloves.
- Provide 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- Get of water.
- You need of vegetables.
- Prepare 2 medium of potatoes.
- You need 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- You need 2 medium of carrots.
- Provide 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- You need 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- You need of water.
- Provide of salt.
- Take of masalas.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Provide of salt.
- Provide of finishing.
- Prepare 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Take of chopped cilantro leaves.
Steps to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.