Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Halupkis (stuffed cabbage) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Halupkis (stuffed cabbage) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Vitality.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Try eating almonds if you don’t are afflicted by nut allergies. Almonds provide a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. Almonds really are a natural way to obtain B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan that may often make you sleepy. Having said that, you will not need a nap after eating almonds. Rather they will simply help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. Almonds frequently provide a general increased a feeling of well-being.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to halupkis (stuffed cabbage) recipe. You can have halupkis (stuffed cabbage) using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Halupkis (stuffed cabbage):
- Use 2 heads of cabbage.
- Provide 1 pound of long grain white rice.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- Use 1/4 pound of ground pork.
- Get 1 of large onion.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Provide 1 of large can whole tomatoes.
- Get 1 can of tomato soup/1 can of water.
- You need of Paprika.
Steps to make Halupkis (stuffed cabbage):
- Cut the bottom cord off the cabbage. Boil in water one head at a time..
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, then carefully peel the cabbage leaves off. Be patient. Cooking cabbage takes time (about 25 minutes).
- Cover the rice with just enough water to cover the rice. Season with salt prior to cooking rice..
- Low heat once rice is boiling. Cook for 10 minutes turn off heat. Cover the pot while simmering.
- Remember, once the water begins to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the hamburger and 1/4 pound ground pork. Do not cook.
- Saute the onion in butter for several minutes.
- Pour the onion/butter mixture into the rice and mix with meat mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Remove any thick cords from cabbage. Roll and fold then roll more. Kind of like a burrito.
- Add unused cabbage leaves to bottom of pot. Place opening side face down. Add butter on each halupki and season with paprika. Keep layering.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the diced tomatoes, large can of whole tomatoes (squeeze the whole tomatoes) can of tomato soup and can of water. Do Not Add this liquid mixture until you are about to bake.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Reduce to 350 and bake for one and half hours more.
- Family Secret-add some evaporated milk to the halupkis when serving for a creamy base**.
If you find this Halupkis (stuffed cabbage) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.