Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Authentic Swedish Janssons Frestelse recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Authentic Swedish Janssons Frestelse recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Authentic Swedish Janssons Frestelse recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic swedish janssons frestelse recipe. To make authentic swedish janssons frestelse you need 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Authentic Swedish Janssons Frestelse:
- Take 5 of Potatoes.
- Get 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 10 of Anchovy (fillets).
- Get 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- Get 2 tbsp of Panko.
- Get 1 tbsp of Butter.
Steps to make Authentic Swedish Janssons Frestelse:
- Thickly julienne the potato and thinly slice the onion. Cut the anchovies into 2 cm cubes..
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and stir-fry the onion. Transfer the onion to a plate and set aside..
- Grease a heat-resistant casserole dish with butter..
- Line the dish with 1/3 of the potato followed by 1/2 the onions and 1/2 the anchovies. Repeat this pattern once more, and then add the final 1/3 potatoes on the top..
- Pour the heavy cream over the top, and lastly, sprinkle in the panko..
- Bake the Janssons frestelse for 40 minutes at 200°C. Once it's turned golden brown, it's ready. Cover it with foil to prevent it from burning..
- The anchovies sold in Sweden are small herrings pickled in sugar, salt, spices, and vinegar. I really want to try making this with real Swedish anchovies..
- Unfortunately, I only brought back a few tins of anchovies from Sweden, so instead, I used anchovies pickled in oil that I bought in Japan..
If you find this Authentic Swedish Janssons Frestelse recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.