Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Dried Green peas curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dried Green peas curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dried Green peas curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dried green peas curry recipe. You can have dried green peas curry using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dried Green peas curry:
- Take 1 cup of dried green peas.
- You need 2 of medium onions sliced.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes sliced.
- You need 2-3 of green chillies chopped finely.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger chopped and crushed.
- Use 2 tsp of garlic crushed.
- Take 1.5 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take as required of Salt.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
Instructions to make Dried Green peas curry:
- Wash and soak the dried green peas for 8 hours or overnight. Wash the soaked green peas and cook them in a pressure cooker on a medium flame for about 5-6 whistles.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai. Add the crushed ginger garlic. Cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add the onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute the onions till they are translucent. Add the coriander powder, fennel seed powder and roast till a nice aroma comes. Add the turmeric, red chilli powder and garam masala powder and mix it well.
- Add the tomatoes and mix and cook till the tomatoes are mushy. Add the cooked green peas to masala and salt and combine it well. Simmer for about 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Switch off the flame. Serve it with puttu, idiyappam, pathiri, chapati, parathas☺️.
If you find this Dried Green peas curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.