Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked spaghetti squash carbonara recipe. You can cook baked spaghetti squash carbonara using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara:
- You need 3 lb of spaghetti squash.
- You need 10 slice of bacon, diced.
- You need 1 small of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 4 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Provide 1 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, divided.
- You need of salt.
- Take of black pepper.
Steps to make Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara:
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise with a sharp chef's knife. Scrape out the seeds and seed flesh with a spoon and discard. Pour 1/2 cup water into a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and place the squash cut side down in the water. Roast for 45 minutes or until tender..
- In a heavy skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until the edges crisp. Add the onions and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until soft and beginning to brown. Remove from the heat and drain the grease..
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, then whisk in the ricotta. Fold in the cooked bacon and onions, then 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese and the salt and pepper..
- When the squash can be easily pierced with a fork, remove it from the oven and turn the heat up to 375°F. Remove the squash from the baking dish and let it cool slightly. Dump out any water left in the baking dish, wipe it dry and then grease it lightly with cooking spray..
- Shred the inside of the squash with a fork into spaghetti-like strings and remove from the outer shell. You should have approximately 6 cups. Mix the squash strings into the egg and onion mixture. Spread in the baking dish and top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese..
- Make-Ahead: At this point you can cover the dish and refrigerate overnight..
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until firm and golden on top. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346885-baked-coconut-chicken https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347369-roasted-bacon-onion-veggies-brussel-sprouts.
If you find this Baked Spaghetti Squash Carbonara recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.