Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything instantly or that you have to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Eventually, you will discover that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian vegetable curry with eggplant and bell pepper recipe. To cook indian vegetable curry with eggplant and bell pepper you need 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper:
- Provide 4 of Eggplants (slim Japanese type).
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Take 2 medium of Tomatoes, or canned tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Bell pepper (potato is better).
- Prepare 1 of half the size of your thumb Ginger.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- Get 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of ☆Turmeric.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆Coriander.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Use 1 of Salt.
Steps to make Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper:
- Cut the eggplants in half. Mince the onion, garlic, and ginger. You can also mince them separately in a food processor..
- Dice the tomatoes. Again, you can just use a food processor if you want to make this easier..
- Cut the bell pepper into bite sized pieces. Normally, I would recommend using boiled potatoes; we just didn't have any at the time..
- Put the eggplants into a deep container, and either microwave for about 10 minutes, or toast evenly in an oven toaster. Once they're done, peel the skin..
- Peel the skin using a fork or spoon, and set aside the fleshy part. Be careful since it's hot..
- In a frying pan with oil, stir-fry the bell pepper for about a minute (and set aside)..
- Heat oil in the same frying pan, and sauté the cumin seeds. There will be some popping sounds..
- Thoroughly sauté the minced ginger and garlic with oil..
- Add onion, and continue sautéing until translucent. It usually takes about 5 minutes. Add all the ☆ spices and mix well..
- Add tomatoes, and sauté until it becomes paste-like and some oil comes out. This extra step is crucial in making Indian curry..
- Add the peeled eggplants into the paste from Step 10 and stir. Mix the eggplants well by mashing with a spatula..
- It'll look like this. At this point, add salt and pepper to taste..
- Add bell pepper from Step 3 and garam masala and mix well..
- It's done! Serve together with naan and rice. This dish is called Baingan Bharta in Hindi..
If you find this Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.