Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Po mans stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Po mans stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One healthy option that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to po mans stew recipe. You can have po mans stew using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Po mans stew:
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- Get 2 medium of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 4 can of stewed tomatoes 14 1/2 oz each.
- Provide 8 medium of carrots, sliced.
- Use 4 of celery ribs, sliced.
- Use 3 medium of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Take 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
Instructions to make Po mans stew:
- In a dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, carrots, celery, potatoes, water, rice, salt, pepper and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender..
- Uncover and simmer 20-30 minutes longer or until thickened..
If you find this Po mans stew recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.