Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash and sweet potato curry – vegan recipe. You can cook squash and sweet potato curry – vegan using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Get 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Get 3 cm of chunk fresh ginger, grated.
- Get 1 of red chilli, finely chopped – or 1/3 tsp chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1 can of coconut milk.
- Take 50-100 ml of stock or hot water.
- Take 1 of butternut squash, cut into bitesized chunks.
- Take 1 of sweet potato, cut into bitesized chunks.
- Provide of Couple of Handfuls of baby spinach or coriander – or any leafy green.
Steps to make Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan:
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later.).
- Sauté the onion for about 10-15 mins..
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cinnamon and turmeric. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the creamy solid bit from the coconut milk. Sauté for a couple of mins..
- Add the squash, sweet potato and rest of the coconut milk as well as about 250 ml of stock. Bring to boil. Simmer and cover until the squash and potato are cooked – about 45mins. Check to make sure it’s not going dry – add more stock if it is..
- Once the squash and potato are cooked, remove from the heat and squeeze the lime in and stir the leafy greens in. Put the lid back on for a few mins so the greens wilt slightly..
- Serve and enjoy 😋.
If you find this Squash and sweet potato curry – vegan recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.