Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe. You can have green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry):
- You need 1 cup of green gram.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion sliced.
- Provide 2 of green chillies slit.
- Get 1 strand of curry leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Use of To grind:.
- Take 1 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of For seasoning:.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of oil (coconut oil).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1/2 of onion cut into small pieces.
- Provide 1 strand of curry leaves.
- Get 2 of red chillies.
Steps to make Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry):
- Ingredients pic:.
- Add green gram, sliced onion, slit green chillies, salt, 1/4 tspn of turmeric powder, 1/2 tspn of chilli powder and 1& 1/2 or 2 cup of water and cook till 1 whistle at medium flame.
- To grind: add grated coconut, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin to mixer bowl along with 1/2 cup of water as per the measures mentioned and grind to a paste and keep aside..
- Open the cooker after the steam is completely released and add coconut paste.. add water to adjust the consistency required..add salt as per taste and stir well and let boil for 5 to 10 min in low flame…
- For seasoning : take a seasoning vessel add 1-2tbspn oil and heat..Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.. Now add the othe ingredients I.e. onion, red chillies and curry leaves and saute till onions turn light brown in colour…
- Add the seasoning to the cooked green gram curry and stir…
- Green gram curry can be had with rice, chapatis or puttu (steam cake).
If you find this Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.