Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brenda's Baked Stuffed Flounder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brenda's Baked Stuffed Flounder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to brenda's baked stuffed flounder recipe. You can cook brenda's baked stuffed flounder using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Brenda's Baked Stuffed Flounder:
- Prepare 5 of to 6 slices chopped bacon.
- You need 1 cup of season blend (chopped onions, celery, red & green peppers).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kosher salt, plus extra for the sweat and for seasoning fillets.
- Provide 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Use 5 oz of fresh baby spinach.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning fillets.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- Use 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Take 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Get 10 oz of grated Cheddar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of – 2 pounds flounder fillets.
- Use 3 cup of leftover cooked rice (seasoned with salt, lemon pepper & butter).
Steps to make Brenda's Baked Stuffed Flounder:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, fry bacon until almost crispy; drain grease and add the onion and a pinch of salt and sweat until translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another minute. Add the spinach and lemon juice and cook until spinach is wilted. Season with the salt and pepper, add the parsley, and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and keep warm..
- Place the heavy cream and wine into a saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer, gradually add the cheese and stir until melted. Set aside and keep warm..
- If the fillets are large, cut in half. Season each filet on both sides with salt and pepper. Divide the spinach mixture evenly among the fillets and roll the fish around the mixture. Place the rice into a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish and spread evenly. Place each roll on top of the rice, seam side down. Pour over the cheese sauce and place in the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving..
If you find this Brenda's Baked Stuffed Flounder recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.