Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most probably purchase many items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut curry shrimp recipe. You can cook coconut curry shrimp using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Curry Shrimp:
- Prepare 1 lb of raw, peeled and deveined, tail off jumbo shrimp.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can coconut milk.
- Use 3/4 cup of water.
- You need of Finely diced onion, about 1/4 cup worth.
- Take 1 tbsp of Minced garlic,.
- Get of Curry powder.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Take of Red pepper flakes.
- Provide 1 dash of lime juice.
- Use 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of rice.
- Provide of Rough chopped fresh cilantro.
Instructions to make Coconut Curry Shrimp:
- Melt butter in preheated skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté on low heat until soft and fragrant. Add a few good dashes of curry powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes (if you want it spicy) and a pinch of salt. Keep on low for another couple minutes. It'll start getting a bit pastey..
- Add half the can of coconut milk, continuing to sauté on low heat until it bubbles immediately after stirring. Add the rest of the coconut milk and the water till it's bubbly again. Add more curry powder and a squeeze of lime juice..
- Once the curry sauce is hot, add the raw shrimp. Continue simmering on low heat, stirring about every 3-5 minutes. Add more spice throughout according to your preference. Let it slowly simmer, stirring regularly for probably 20-30 minutes. Add the cilantro in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve over rice..
- The key to this recipe is slowly building the flavor. Emphasis on slowly. Your flame should never be turned high at any time during this cook. It's an easy recipe but requires patience. As always I encourage using your own creativity. Add other Indian spices or substitutions if something strikes your fancy. I've seen a lot of recipes call for fresh basil instead of the cilantro, for example. Cilantro sounded better to me 😁 Enjoy and have fun!.
If you find this Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.