Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Goan-style Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan-style Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making a few minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to goan-style fish curry recipe. To cook goan-style fish curry you need 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Take 4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1 of green chilli, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, thinly sliced.
- Provide 2 cm of sq (¾in) piece root ginger, peeled and grated.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 2 tbsp of sunflower or rapeseed oil.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large fresh or tinned tomato, finely chopped.
- Provide 1 of x 400ml tin coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of palm sugar (or soft light-brown sugar).
- Get 2 tsp of tamarind paste, or juice of half a lemon.
- You need 300 g (1 lb) of 2oz) firm white fish fillets, skin removed and flesh cut into chunks about 3cm sq (1¼in).
- Take 6-8 of large prawns in their shells, cooked or raw.
- Take 2 tbsp of chopped coriander, or parsley, or the green tops of spring onion, to garnish.
Instructions to make Goan-style Fish Curry:
- Toast the coriander seeds, cumin and dried chillis in a dry frying-pan for about a minute. Crush in a pestle and mortar, then mix in the ginger, garlic, turmeric and 1 tsp salt..
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and fry until soft and golden. Add the sliced chillies and cook for another minute..
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, tamarind or lemon juice and bring to just under the boil. Immediately turn down the heat and simmer for about five minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Taste for seasoning..
- Season the fish with salt, then add it with the prawns to the sauce and simmer gently for about four minutes until the fish is cooked through and the prawns are bright pink. Check again for seasoning. Serve with basmati rice and garnish with herbs..
If you find this Goan-style Fish Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.