Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy "baingan-ka-bhartha"brinjal curry recipe. To cook spicy "baingan-ka-bhartha"brinjal curry you need 14 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry:
- Use 2 of Mid sized Brinjals.
- Provide 6 of Tomatoes.
- Use 2 of Big Lemons.
- Use 2 of Onions.
- Use of Green Chilis.
- Use of Ginger (Optional if you use Ginger Garlic Paste in the mix).
- Use of "Masalas" Condiments :.
- Use of Tumeric (Haldi).
- You need of Ginger-Garlic Paste.
- Prepare of Garam Masala (chilli powder).
- Take of White Vinegar.
- Use of Paprika Powder (if you have some).
- Prepare of Oil (little to do a "Bhigar") in the beginning.
- Get of Add more oil later – when all the vegetables are half cooked.
Steps to make Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry:
- First wash the two Brinjals and poke them all over with a deep fork – smear them with oil – leave them for an hour or so.
- With a sharp knife "Score" each of the Brinjals into six sections – just cutting through the skin – not into the Brinjal.
- Burn the skin of the Brinjals on the open fire (keep turning them with a pair of tongs) till the skin is almost all wrinkled and blackish.
- Remove the green cap and the stem attached to it.
- Cut the slieces six per Brinjal along the scored places.
- Cool the Brinjals and sprinkle a little paprika onto the pulpy inside of each slice – and put them aside till later.
- Use a Pressure Cooker for a quick cook-up – or a normal big pot.
- Take a pinch of each Masala and lightly "burn" with a tablespoon of oil.
- With a wooden spoon keep mixing the 'Masalas' in the dish – till you get a good smell of the mix (don't worry if it all sticks to the bottom of the dish – keep scraping it off gently) This is called the "Bhigar"!.
- Add the chopped/diced Onions in the 'masala-mix' for 2-3 minutes – till slightly brown.
- Put the pre-chopped Tomatoes into the dish and swirl it all around.
- Add another pinch or two of Salt & Sugar – mix on a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze some lemon – and add chopped green chillies – into the mix – sprinkle a tea-spoonful of white vinegar into the mix.
- Add half a cup of water & put the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Heat for 5 minutes – for the first hiss – switch off the heat.
- Wait for it all to cool – remove the whistle slowly – take off the lid.
- Add a table-spoonful of Imli (Tamarind) Paste if you like it to have a "sour-ish" flavour.
- Add the Brinjals into the mix (add one half cup more of water- if you want to have a "liquidy"curry)! Some prefer a "pastey" consistency.
- Put the lid back on – and cook till the second hiss 10 minutes or so.
- Your 'Baingan-Ka-Bharta' is ready.
- Serve with Yogurt and Chapatis or White Rice..
- Adding pickles/salt to taste ENJOY!.
If you find this Spicy "Baingan-ka-Bhartha"Brinjal Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.