Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to biscuits and sausage gravy gluten free (can be made dairy free) recipe. To cook biscuits and sausage gravy gluten free (can be made dairy free) you only need 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free):
- Take of Sausage Gravy.
- Use 1 of chub Ground Breakfast Sausage.
- Take 1 of white Onion, diced.
- Provide 2 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Take 1.5-2 cups of Beef Stock.
- Use 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of each, Salt & Pepper.
- Use of Few Tbsp cooking oil (I used Grapeseed oil).
- You need 1/8 of th cup milk substitute (I used original flavor Rice milk).
- Use of Biscuits.
- Get 1.5 cups of Gluten Free flour mix.
- Use 1/2 cup of Cornstarch.
- Use 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Salt.
- Take 1/2 cup of cold Butter or Margarine, cubed.
- Provide 3/4 cup of Milk substitute (I used rice milk).
Instructions to make Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free):
- Start with the biscuits. Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, add and mix dry ingredients. Cut cold Butter or Margarine into chunks and add to flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, work butter into flour mixture. The goal is to combine, while still leaving chunks of butter (which creates flakes and layers within the biscuits)..
- Add milk substitute to flour and butter mixture. Using pastry mixer, incorporate milk..
- Gather dough in bowl and form a loose ball. Put onto a floured counter top or cutting board and pat into a rectangle shape. Add a little flour to the top and fold into thirds. Pat into rectangle again and repeat..
- Pat dough into rectangle again and when it's about 1/2" thick, cut into circle shapes. (I used the lid ring for a small Mason jar) Spray a cookie sheet with oil and place dough rounds across the pan. When pan is full, place into hot oven for approximately 12-15 minutes..
- Because they are gluten free, these biscuits don't brown as much as other kinds, but instead, have a light golden color at the edges..
- While the biscuits are baking, gather ingredients for sausage gravy making..
- Start by heating a larger pot on stovetop at medium-low heat with a Tbsp of oil. Add diced onion and garlic. Heat till softened and slightly translucent..
- Add sausage and brown, stirring occasionally..
- In a small container with a tight lid. Add the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of cold beef stock. Shake vigorously till incorporated. Add to meat mixture and stir. Add the rest of the stock and milk to the pot and heat till thickened. Add Salt, pepper & seasonings..
- To serve, pour gravy over warm biscuits and Enjoy!.
If you find this Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Gluten free (can be made dairy free) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.