Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Prawns Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Prawns Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawns Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. One wholesome option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to prawns curry recipe. You can have prawns curry using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Prawns Curry:
- Prepare of For Marinating Prawns:.
- Use 20-25 of Jumbo Prawns.
- Prepare 1 of Juice of Lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of For Making Gravy:.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 4 of Pearl Onions (Sliced).
- Use 3 of Green Chillies (Cut into Half).
- Take 1 Sprig of Curry Leaves.
- Get 1-1/2 Inch of Ginger (Chopped).
- Get 4 Cloves of Garlic (Chopped).
- Get 2 tbsps of Ginger-Garlic Paste.
- You need 2-3 Pieces of Fish Tamarind.
- Get of Spice Powders:.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Methi Powder.
- Take as per taste of Salt.
- Get 3 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Take as required of Hot Water.
Instructions to make Prawns Curry:
- Firstly, For Marinating Prawns: Clean and de-vein the prawns. Wash nicely and allow to drain. Marinate the prawns with lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt for at least 15-20 minutes or best overnight..
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Chop and keep the ingredients ready..
- Add chopped garlic and saute for a minute. Add chopped ginger and saute for a minute. Add the onions and green chillies. (Didn't have curry leaves). You can add it at this stage. Curry leaves increases the flavor of this curry)..
- Saute till the onions are translucent. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell leaves..
- Add the marinated prawns and saute till for few minutes till the prawns get coated with the cooked paste..
- Add the spice powders and salt and saute it well. Be cautious while adding salt because salt is already added while marinating the prawns..
- Add hot water and fish tamarind and cover and cook for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the prawns are done and gravy turns thick. Add 1 tsp coconut oil and few curry leaves and set aside for 15 minutes..
- Serve this delicious prawns curry with steamed rice or roti/paratha and fish fry. You can also serve this curry with idli/dosa..
If you find this Prawns Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.