Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to aubergine & chickpea curry recipe. You can have aubergine & chickpea curry using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Aubergine & Chickpea Curry:
- Use 2 of Aubergines.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Use 10 of Curry Leaves.
- Get 2 of Dried Chillies.
- Prepare 4 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Get 2 tsp of Ground Coriander.
- Get 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Use 1 can of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 6 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
Instructions to make Aubergine & Chickpea Curry:
- Quarter the tomatoes, and dice onions finely..
- Halve the aubergines, then cut each half into wedges..
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a large pan, preferably non-stick, and brown half the aubergines for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp all over..
- Scoop onto a plate, repeat with more oil and the remaining aubergines, then set everything.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the mustard seeds and curry leaves and fry for 30s until fragrant..
- Stir in the onions and continue cooking until they are softened and beginning to brown..
- Add the dried chillies and spices with a spoonful of the thick coconut milk from the top of the can, then fry for 1 minute more..
- Add the remaining coconut milk, tomatoes and half a can of water. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until thick and saucy..
- Stir in the chickpeas and aubergines. Continue simmering for 5 minutes or so, until everything is hot and the aubergines are tender..
- Serve with rice or warm Naan, scattered with a few extra curry leaves sizzled in a splash of oil, if you like..
If you find this Aubergine & Chickpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.