Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of well being. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. This is often a problem, however, when it comes to eating between snacks. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast balanced snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken curry – sri lankan recipe. To cook chicken curry – sri lankan you only need 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan:
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil / Oil.
- Prepare 6 of Curry Leaves.
- Get 1 inch of Cinnamon stick , 1.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Fenugreek.
- Use 1 Teaspoon of Urad dhal.
- Prepare 5 of Cloves.
- Provide 5 of Cardamom.
- You need 1 of onion Large , sliced.
- Provide 5 Cloves of Garlic , diced small.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Ginger , diced small.
- Get 2 of Green chillies , sliced.
- Provide 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Tumeric.
- Use 3 Teaspoons of Corriander powder.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Cumin powder.
- Get 2 Teaspoons of Red Chilli powder.
- Provide 10 of Chicken drumsticks , , skin removed (450 grams).
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes Medium , chopped.
- Take 2 Cups of water Warm.
Steps to make Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan:
- Heat the oil in a large pot..
- Add the curry leaves, fenugreek seeds, urad dhal, cinnamon stick, cloves and the cardamom. Stir these in the oil till the fenugreek seeds turns darker in color. (Do not burn).
- Add the sliced onions, chopped garlic and chopped ginger to the pot and stir. Stir occasionally so that the ingredients don't burn till the onions start to brown..
- Add the green chillies and stir for about 30 seconds..
- Turn the heat to the lowest setting so that spice do not get burnt and then add them. If they do, it will cause a strong smell and may initiate coughing. Add salt, tumeric, cumin, corriander and chilli powder. Increase the heat to medium and stir quickly..
- When the onions are coated well with the spices add the chicken drumsticks. Stir so that all the pieces are coated well with the spices..
- Add the tomatoes and stir. The tomatoes will start to cook and let out the juices. Cook with the chicken for about 3-4 mins..
- Add 2 cups of water if you want a thin gravy, 1.5 cups of water for a thicker gravy. Stir all the ingredients well so that the spices at the bottom is mixed with the water..
- Cover and let it boil for 20 mins..
- In 20 mins check the taste of the gravy for desired spiciness. Add more spices if needed. I find the proportions mentioned works for 10 drumsticks. For a thicker gravy, let it boil more uncovered. Be careful not to overcook the chicken..
- Enjoy with your favorite carbs – bread, roti or rice. Or use this to make kothu roti!.
If you find this Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.