Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Energy.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This is often a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an excellent choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are usually better than highly processed grains found in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon-arugula pesto chicken recipe. To make bacon-arugula pesto chicken you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken:
- Get 4 of boneless chicken breasts.
- Provide 3/4 oz of fresh basil.
- You need 4 handfuls of arugula.
- Provide 1 packages of unflavored bacon.
- You need 6 clove of garlic; peeled.
- Get 3 oz of pine nuts.
- Provide 3 oz of parmesan; grated.
- Provide 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Use 1 pinch of sugar.
- Take 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of extra virgin olive oil; as needed.
Steps to make Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken:
- Place bacon on a baking tray. Bake at 350° for approximately 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and has rendered all the fat. Remove bacon and pat dry. Save bacon fat..
- Place pine nuts in large, dry saute pan. Turn heat to medium. Toss pine nuts around often to avoid burning. Once golden brown, remove from heat and place in food processor..
- Add cheese, basil, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, and one handful of arugula to the food processor..
- Turn processor on and slowly pour the bacon fat into the processor. Add olive oil until arugula is incorporated. Stop the processor and add another handful of arugula. Turn the processor back on and slowly pour olive oil until arugula is incorporated. Repeat until arugala is gone. Adjust salt, pepper, and vinegar to taste..
- Toss chicken breasts with olive oil in a mixing bowl. Place on the same sheet tray that you used to cook the bacon. Season with dried spices. Roast at 350° for approximately 45-50 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°. Baste sauce atop chicken during last 5 minutes of cooking..
- Garnish with extra sauce and chopped bacon..
- Variations; Cilantro, parsley, tarragon, spinach, watercress, kale, other vinegar, mustard, wine, roasted tomatoes or bell peppers.
If you find this Bacon-Arugula Pesto Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.