Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Nyonya Curry Noodles recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Nyonya Curry Noodles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nyonya Curry Noodles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nyonya curry noodles recipe. You can have nyonya curry noodles using 29 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Nyonya Curry Noodles:
- Provide of For Curry;.
- Provide 40 g of Shallots.
- Take 20 g of Garlic.
- Provide 20 g of Ginger.
- Prepare 3 pc of Red Chillies.
- You need 4 pc of Dried Chillies (rehydrate, deseeded).
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Prepare 3 pc of Candle Nuts.
- Provide 3 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin.
- Take 1 cup of Stock (chicken,vegetable or fish).
- You need 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- You need 1 stick of Lemongrass (bruised).
- Provide 1 sprig of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1 pc of Ginger Flower (Bunga Kantan, sliced middle).
- Use 2 pc of Tamarind Slices (Asam Keping).
- Use 1 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- Prepare as needed of Salt.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of For Final Dish;.
- Get 200 g of Rice Vermicelli or Yellow Noodles (any will do).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare as needed of Water (for boiling noodles).
- You need 8 pc of Fishballs.
- Prepare 8 pc of Fried Tofu.
- Prepare 50 g of French Beans (cut lengthwise).
- Take 50 g of Cabbage (shredded roughly).
- Take 1 pc of Red Chilli (finely sliced, garnish).
- You need 1 pc of Green Chilli (finely sliced, garnish).
Steps to make Nyonya Curry Noodles:
- CURRY PASTE; Blend the shallots, garlic, ginger, red chillies, rehydrated dried chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, fermented shrimp paste and candle nuts into a paste..
- COOK THE PASTE; heat the cooking oil in a pot/wok until hot and fry the curry paste until the oil separates. (If you want to add meat, this is when you add it too.).
- MAKE GRAVY; add in stock, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger flower, curry leaves, tamarind slices, palm sugar and mix well. Cook until the gravy is reduced by half. Season with salt..
- PREP THE NOODLES; While the curry is cooking, cook the noodles in pot of boiling water until soft. Lift, strain the excess water and add a 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil to prevent sticking..
- ASSEMBLY; when ready to serve, cook the fishballs, fried tofu, french beans in the curry for 3 – 5 minutes. Place noodles in a bowl or soup plate and top it with cabbages. Then pour the curry onto the noodles and arrange the fishballs, tofu and vegetables. Ready to serve..
- NOTE; if you want to add prawns, fried fish, fried chicken – anything within reason really – by all means..
If you find this Nyonya Curry Noodles recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.