Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t wish to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating regimen.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash mac and cheese recipe. To make butternut squash mac and cheese you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese:
- Take 12 oz of rigatoni (or favorite pasta).
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of butternut squash.
- Provide 2 3/4 cup of milk.
- Provide 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Take 8 oz of Gruyere cheese, shredded.
- Take 8 slice of bacon, crumbled.
- Prepare 2 small of sweet onions, cut into chunks.
- Use 1 cup of seasoned panko crumbs.
- Provide 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- You need of fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Instructions to make Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly butter a 3-quart au gratin or baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; transfer to a large bowl..
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine the squash and 2 1/2 cups of the milk over medium-high heat. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium, and simmer until the squash is tender when pierced with a fork, 18 to 20 minutes. Stir together remaining 1/4 cup milk and flour; stir into squash mixture. Bring to boiling; cook until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the Gruyere until melted; keep warm..
- Meanwhile, in another very large skillet cook chopped bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble; set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons bacon drippings. Return skillet to the heat..
- Add onions to skillet; cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and increase heat to high. Cook 4 to 6 minutes more, stirring, until onions are golden. Mix together with cooked bacon and set aside about 1/4 cup..
- Add squash-cheese mixture, onions, and bacon to the bowl with the pasta. Toss well to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish..
- Mix panko with melted butter & 1/4 cup bacon/onion mixture. Sprinkle remaining Gruyere and the bread crumbs over pasta mixture. Bake until top is browned, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings..
If you find this Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.