Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Energy.
We are all aware that having healthy foods can help us really feel better in our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between goodies. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
If you’re looking for a quick snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Eating on the run can be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Deciding on whole grain foods is always better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to malabar prawns curry in roasted coconut gravy recipe. You can have malabar prawns curry in roasted coconut gravy using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy:
- Prepare 1/2 kg of prawns.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 4+ 2 of Shallots.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- Use 3/4 of malabar tamarind (raw /dried).
- Get 2-3 sprig of Curry leaves.
- Take 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1&1/2 tsp of &1/2 tsp chillipowder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Get to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy:
- In a pan roast the coconut, when the coconut turns light brown in colour add fennel seeds and 4 finely chopped shallots and roast again when aroma comes add coriander powder, Chilli powder and roast well. When the coconut is well roasted switch off flame and add turmeric powder and keep to cool..
- In a blender blend roasted coconut with 1-2 cups of water at batches. Blend to a smooth gravy..
- Pour the gravy to a clay pot or any cooking vessel. (fish curry is usually cooked in clay pots in kerala).
- Keep the pot on stove in medium heat. Add salt to taste and roughly chopped tomatoes. Beware of overspilling when the gravy boils, so keep stirring..
- When the gravy boils add prawns, malabar tamarind (i am using raw) and some curry leaves and cook well. Instead of malabar tamarind you can use normal tamarind pulp or raw mango..
- Cook until the the oil from the coconut turns and is seen on top..
- On another pan prepare the seasoning. Heat a pan pour 1 tablespoon coconut oil and add 2 finely chopped shallots and curry leaves. Fry until shallots turn brown. Pour the fried shallot along with the oil to the gravy..
- Prawns curry is ready to serve..
If you find this Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.