Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to indian-style vegetarian fried rice recipe. To cook indian-style vegetarian fried rice you only need 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice:
- You need 3 cup of basmati rice, uncooked.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Take 2 of large carrots, diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of black mustard seed.
- You need 1/2 cup of peanuts.
- Take 1/2 cup of cashew nuts, bits and halves.
- Use 1/2 cup of moong dal.
- Take 1/2 cup of desi channa dal.
- You need 3 of Indian red chilis, dried and broken up.
- You need 2 of medium Indian green chilis.
- Prepare 2 of small Indian green chilis.
- Get 2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 handful of curry leaves, chiffonade.
- Get 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Take 1 tbsp of asafoetida.
- Use 1 tsp of cardamon pods, green and bruised.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Provide 1 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of cilantro, chopped.
Instructions to make Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice:
- OK, cook the basmati rice. It's two to 1, people. Two cups water for every cup of basmati. So, 3 cups rice means 6 cups water, equaling 6 cups cooked. Set aside in open air to cool and dry a bit..
- Melt the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large wok on low. If you don't have one, you should get one as it is super versatile pan..
- Toss in the carrots and mustard seeds, and let that simmer until the seeds start to crackle a little..
- Ok, now toss in the nuts and dals. Let those toast (not burn; be careful) stirring intermittently another 5 minutes, and then toss in the chilis and salt..
- Now let's make it interesting and add the curry leaves, turmeric, cumin, ginger, asafoetida, and bruised green cardamon. Note: Curry powder is a totally different thing; don't use it here. Also Note: Cardamon pods are barely edible, so you may want to pick them out after they've simmered a while, if that's the way you roll. Simmer for a couple of minutes..
- Now add in the ghee and peas and simmer for another 3 minutes or so..
- Mix in the rice! Try to get it mixed thoroughly with gentle hands and only as much as necessary. You aren't out to make rice paste..
- Now add in the cilantro (gentle hands), add more salt as needed to taste, and serve. Note: In fried rice, salt has a way of taking a few minutes to really bloom. As such, you may accidentally add more salt when you should have waited a moment for it to integrate, thereby making it salty. Don't be that guy; be patient..
If you find this Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.