Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Power.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of well being. When we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have so many options. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Just about the most popular snacks is yogurt. Sometimes people choose to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the best idea. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. Along with calcium, it is a good supply of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help manage the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by most people. Try adding some nutritious nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This decreases your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to osaka okonomiyaki with beef tendon recipe. To make osaka okonomiyaki with beef tendon you need 31 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon:
- Provide of Batter (combine the ※ ingredients beforehand).
- Take 500 grams of ※Cake flour.
- Get 2 tbsp of ※Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of ※Salt.
- You need 1 liter of ※The water from boiling beef tendon or use the chicken stock from.
- Provide 150 grams of ※Yamaimo yam.
- Get 3 tbsp of ※Bonito flakes.
- You need 15 grams of ※Baking powder.
- Provide 1 1/5 kg of Finely chopped cabbage.
- You need 1 of Tempura batter crumbs.
- Use 1 bunch of Green onions or scallions.
- Get 1 of Red pickled ginger.
- Get 12 of Eggs.
- Get of Additions.
- Take 200 grams of Beef tendon.
- You need 200 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- Prepare 200 grams of Boiled octopus.
- Use of To parboil the beef tendon:.
- Prepare 2 large of Water.
- You need 3 slice of Ginger.
- Prepare 2 of stalks worth The green part of a Japanese leek.
- You need of To flavor the beef tendon.
- Prepare 40 ml of Soy sauce.
- Use 400 ml of Water.
- You need 25 ml of Sake.
- Get 1 of and 1/2 tablespoon Sugar.
- Use of Toppings.
- Prepare 1 of 10:1 blend Tonkatsu sauce, "Doro" Sauce (a type of thick Worcestershire-style sauce).
- Get 1 of 10:1:1 blend Mayonnaise, milk, plain yogurt.
- Get 1 of Aonori.
- Get 1 of Bonito flakes.
Instructions to make Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon:
- Boil the beef tendon in plenty of water with 3 slices of ginger and the green part of 3 stalks of leek for about 5 minutes to eliminate the gaminess. Skim off the scum completely..
- Rinse the boiled beef tendon with cold water and put into a pressure cooker with 2000 ml of water. Lock on the lid, bring to a boil and cook under pressure for 15 minutes. Leave to cool down naturally..
- Chop the beni-shouga pickled red ginger into a 1 mm dice. Slice the octopus into big pieces..
- Cut the cabbage into 2-3 mm wide julienne. Turn 90 degrees and chop up into 3mm dice. If you do this 1/4 of a cabbage at a time, it's easy..
- 1 head of cabbage chopped is about 1.2 kg worth..
- Slice the green onion thinly. Peel and grate the yamaimo yam..
- Take out the beef tendon from Step 2. The cooking liquid will be used as the soup stock in the batter, so skim off the scum carefully and leave to cool..
- Cut the beef tendon into bite sized pieces, and simmer in the beef tendon flavoring ingredients. When the cooking liquid has reduced by half, leave to cool and absorb the flavors..
- Combine the batter ingredients, and add the completely cooled down beef tendon stock little by little. If you add it all at once the batter may form lumps so add it a bit at a time..
- If any lumps remain the batter will be floury, so mix well. Once the batter is mixed, add the grated yamaimo..
- Pour the batter onto a heated electric griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices..
- Break an egg into a small bowl, add 2 ladle fulls of batter, 2 handfuls (about 100 g) of cabbage, some octopus, some of the beef tendon, green onion, tempura batter crumbs, and red pickled ginger..
- Mix it with a spoon to incorporate air into the batter and don't over-mix. You should still see some of the egg white in the mix..
- Pour the batter onto a heated griddle, and cover the top with pork belly slices..
- Cook for 5 minutes, and when you can insert the spatula underneath easily turn it over for the first time. Cook for another 5 minutes, then turn over again. Do not press down on the pancake..
- Cover with lots of sauce, sprinkle with bonito flakes and aonori seaweed powder, and it's done. Add mayonnaise or Japanese mustard to taste!.
- Use this kind of container (you can buy it at a 100 yen shop) to spread the mayonnaise. If you add about 10% milk and yogurt to the mayonnaise, it tastes great..
- You can't omit Doro sauce (a kind of thick Worcestershire-type sauce)! It serves as a 'hidden flavor' in the sauce. It is quite salty, which goes well with okonomiyaki. Don't add too much. The ratio is about 10:1 tonkatsu sauce to Doro sauce..
- This is tasty made with chicken bone soup stock too. Seefor the chicken stock recipe..
- Make your own tempura batter crumbs..
- is a version that only uses yamaimo yam and eggs in the batter..
- This is a 3-layer birthday cake version!.
If you find this Osaka Okonomiyaki with Beef Tendon recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.